
We just got home from our annual "Loon Cabin" getaway with my family. My brother has been the business manager of an "outdoor retreat" in Altamont, Utah for a few years now. Since the beautiful cabin opened in July 2006, my side of the family has been going there to vacation. This weekend was the annual trip, and it was really fun (for the most part). If you would like to see more about this place, you can visit Sixlakesutah.com
Okay, so there is something about this cabin getaway that is jinxed. Every time we have this little adventure, someone gets sick. Last time, it was our family who spread the flu to everyone else. Well, on Friday, Shelley's family, our family, my Mom, Sabrina, and Jeff (Lin and Paul were home with the baby and Jake was working) all arrived at the cabin around 3 or 4ish. No sooner had we all arrived, than Nolan threw-up all over the kitchen (and his poor mother). So, being the incredibly intelligent mother that she is, Shelley immediately exclaimed that she and her family were driving home. Being the not-so intelligent aunt that I am, I convinced Shell and Chad to leave Maya with us, because she seemed totally fine.
Well, Saturday was really fun (most of the day). We went out on the row boat a few times, went for a walk, played games, had a campfire and just enjoyed being with each other. Then, around 9:30PM at night, Maya threw up. And she threw-up again and again. The poor girl was so incredibly miserable with a nasty stomach ache and chills, to go along with other, more disgusting flu symptoms. It was, however, really funny to watch the men in the room (My brother Jake, his friend Spencer, and my brother Jeff) immediately exit the room to the deck because they couldn't stand the smell. Obviously, none of them have children. I think I could be swimming in puke and it wouldn't phase me.
Despite the flu hitting Maya, we did have a great time and love being with family. I'm hoping that none of my family get this hideous flu, as Shelley's entire family is now totally incapacitated. If so, we deserve it, as we have given them several lovely diseases, and it was my total stupidity that convinced Shelley to leave Maya.
Anyway, we love the Radmalls and hope they are soon on the mend!!!
Okay, so there is something about this cabin getaway that is jinxed. Every time we have this little adventure, someone gets sick. Last time, it was our family who spread the flu to everyone else. Well, on Friday, Shelley's family, our family, my Mom, Sabrina, and Jeff (Lin and Paul were home with the baby and Jake was working) all arrived at the cabin around 3 or 4ish. No sooner had we all arrived, than Nolan threw-up all over the kitchen (and his poor mother). So, being the incredibly intelligent mother that she is, Shelley immediately exclaimed that she and her family were driving home. Being the not-so intelligent aunt that I am, I convinced Shell and Chad to leave Maya with us, because she seemed totally fine.
Well, Saturday was really fun (most of the day). We went out on the row boat a few times, went for a walk, played games, had a campfire and just enjoyed being with each other. Then, around 9:30PM at night, Maya threw up. And she threw-up again and again. The poor girl was so incredibly miserable with a nasty stomach ache and chills, to go along with other, more disgusting flu symptoms. It was, however, really funny to watch the men in the room (My brother Jake, his friend Spencer, and my brother Jeff) immediately exit the room to the deck because they couldn't stand the smell. Obviously, none of them have children. I think I could be swimming in puke and it wouldn't phase me.
Despite the flu hitting Maya, we did have a great time and love being with family. I'm hoping that none of my family get this hideous flu, as Shelley's entire family is now totally incapacitated. If so, we deserve it, as we have given them several lovely diseases, and it was my total stupidity that convinced Shelley to leave Maya.
Anyway, we love the Radmalls and hope they are soon on the mend!!!

6 comments:
What a nice aunt you are Natalie! For some reason, I can handle my own children's bodily fluids, but not others. I guess it would be the same for nieces and nephews too.(I've just never had that opportunity yet!:)
Looks like a really nice place. What a fun place for a family getaway!
Hey! Wish you could be here to see tha baby! She is super cute and Mark is a superb daddy....so when is the actual wedding for Jake? Are they getting married here or in AZ? I need details :)
Sounds like you guys had an exciting weekend. I hope everyone gets better quickly and that your family doesn't get sick.
A CURSE ON LOON CABIN!! Glad to be rid of that place (J/K). Subby is fine (not sick yet). Despite the flu, I am sad I missed the games and such.
Maya is happy to have an aunt like you. So sweet of you to take care of her. It sounds like a fun place to stay, just too bad it is jinxed.
How could we have done it without you and mom there? I mean, we couldn't have crawled to the garage at that point, let alone driven to get here. Really, so great of you all to handle it. I'm glad nobody got it.
Post a Comment