Friday, February 22, 2008

And the Super Frump award goes to...

ME! Once upon a time I cared how I looked. I was flipping through the channels on the TV the other day, and Oprah was doing a makeover show. I don't usually watch Oprah, but I couldn't change the channel when I saw this stay-at-home mom who should have been my twin. She didn't look like me at all, but her story was VERY similar. She had four kids, no time for herself, and decided that sweatsuits were the only way to go. She had 5 or 6 different sweatsuits that she alternated between on a daily basis. She NEVER wore make-up and only left the house to go to the grocery store or run errands. THIS IS MY LIFE. I have four different sweatsuits that I wear: gray, light blue, navy blue, and brown. When none of them are clean, I might wear a pair of old, ill-fitting jeans and a $10 Old Navy t-shirt. I don't wear make-up unless it is Sunday or when Brian and I go out once a century. I am lucky to have a great husband who says I look good no matter what and doesn't care if I "primp" for him.


Then I start thinking, "he's the type of husband who deserves a wife who looks fantastic all the time." He deserves this BECAUSE he doesn't care. I haven't decided if I want to change or not...sweatsuits are really comfortable and when I'm cooking, cleaning, or dealing with snotty, dirty kids, they are the only way to go. Look at this sad, sad picture of me...
What a frumpy, dumpy woman!

8 comments:

Steve and Jamie said...

That's so funny! I know I hardly ever see you, but when I do, I always think "those Ricks' girls always look so pretty and fashionable." Now I know the truth!

Seriously though, you pull off that sweatsuit look. You make it look good!

Steve and Jamie said...

The blog looks awesome!

{sheree} said...

You are so beautiful Natalie! Most of us are in the same situation! Sweats are seriously the easiest when all we do everyday is all the things that you already said!

Your blog looks great!

Rencher Fam said...

Oh Natalie, if only I was as beautiful as you! I WISH i looked that good in a sweatsuit with no makeup on! Its really true though...I never want to wear nice clothes when I'm changing dirty diapers, mopping the floor, scrubbing toilets, etc. I love the way your blog looks!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Everyone will think I'm rude for writing this, but you know the truth...you have the face, Shelley has the body, and me, well, I have a great mind!! Seriously, I don't know any mom who doesn't take her turn in a sweatsuit. That darn JLo made us all think that comfort was fashionable and now we just can't go back!!!

Nicole said...

I wish I looked that good in sweats! Well....you're a beautiful mom. You're kids love you no matter what you're wearing or if you have make-up on or not. That's all that matters! =)

Nicole said...

I wish I looked that good in sweats! Well....you're a beautiful mom. You're kids love you no matter what you're wearing or if you have make-up on or not. That's all that matters! =)

Chanelle said...

WHAT??? Frumpy? YOU? NO Way!

I am jealous that you look that good without makeup! You are so pretty and I think the same thing as 'steve and jamie' every time I see you (though I didn't know you were a "Ricks" ~ ;) ).

Don't be so hard on ourself and own what you are ~ GORGEOUS!