Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Apple doesn't fall too far from the Tree!

So, I'll preface this little situation by saying that anyone who knows either my family or Brian's family knows that we are an extremely sarcastic bunch. I guess it was only a matter of time before the kids started picking it up!

Yesterday, I was looking at both Ella's and Andrew's "flood" pants, and I said, "I can't afford to buy you two any more clothes. I am so sick of you kids growing!"

In all her 3-year-old wisdom, Ella returned my comment by saying (in quite possibly the most sarcastic tone you can imagine), "Well Mom, people do that sometimes!"

I just laughed and said, "Thanks Ella."

3 comments:

Alicia said...

What? You two sarcastic? No way! ;)

walkerbunch said...

I always tell my kids to quit growing because they're my babies. Andrew loves it. -His come back is always, "You know Mom, pretty soon, I'm going to be taller than you." Abby on the other hand, cries every time I say it. Her reply is, "I'm not a baby, I'm a little girl. Bree is the baby. HMM!" They're so funny!

Tiffany Walker said...

That is hilarious. She is just so cute. I am sure there will be plenty more laughs to follow!

I am a horrible friend, sorry that we never got together. I think I have all the time in the world when I come to town and then it disappears so quickly.

I am glad you had a nice Christmas. Kind of a bummer you got snowed in, but it might have been nice just to relax all day. Last Christmas I was VERY pregnant and we didn't go anywhere all day long. We just stayed in our PJ's and played with toys. It was actually quite nice.