Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Recent Haps (Or not so recent haps)

Okay, so I wrote this little post back in July but never got it on here due to technical challenges. Without further ado, here it is...

So I haven't been on this blog in ages. It's funny how I'm just as busy during the summer as I am during the school year. Speaking of school, the end of the school year was insanely busy and chaotic. We had Ella's animal diorama presentation:


The Dance Festival:

(The old Maypole. Gotta love it!)
Noah's class performance:



Field Day (which I didn't get any pictures of but wish I would have. I volunteered with the 3rd and 4th grades, and let me just say what an awkward age that is. It was HILARIOUS watching the 9 and 10 year olds competing in races and relays):

And Ella's Kindergarten graduation:



(Ella and Mrs. Taylor)

The end of the school year is a CRAZY time of year, but it is also really fun!! Now that it's summer, it's boring around here. Most days are spent sleeping in until 9, taking our sweet, precious time to get going, and we finally make it outside to relax in the sun after lunchtime. Yeah, we're not too exciting around here.

The 4th of July was spent in Farmington with Brian's family. It's an annual tradition to get out the big water slide, eat good food and hang with the cousins. It was slightly cold and a little rainy this year, but we didn't care. We had fun just the same.



I'm already anxious for school to start again, mostly just to be back on a schedule. I do enjoy having my kids home and not having to worry about homework, school lunch, or anything else school related, but I feel like I don't accomplish much when I'm lazing about. We have one camping trip scheduled at the beginning of August, and after that not too much else. Hopefully we'll have a lot more sunny days and time to swim and be together as a family. All in all, summer is going well, and we're having a BLAST!




3 comments:

Tisha and Mark said...

welcome back! You are one busy lady! I think I have this convaluted(SP??) idea that things get easier the older kids get but not the case :) So, we need to hang out. When works?

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Oh, good for you getting back into posting! Let's hear more...

Scarlett said...

Yay for updates! So, an animal diorama? Is that what I have to look forward to this year? Lol. You are a busy woman! I hope I can juggle everything like you someday. :)